New MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust for 01′-05′ Duramax
MBRP has announced a new single, side exit cat-back exhaust system for 2001-2005 Chevy and GMC Duramax trucks. The new system is part of the MBRP Performance Series, which offers big sound and performance without a big price.
MBRP uses aluminized steel for their Performance Series instead of stainless steel to save money. While stainless is always a good choice, it’s not always necessary. Stainless systems last a long time, but what if you’re buying a replacement exhaust system for an older vehicle? There’s not much point in buying a top-quality exhaust for a vehicle that’s on the downhill side of life.
Stainless systems are very corrosion resistant, but what if you live in a dry, rust-free climate? There’s not much benefit in that situation. You can learn more by reading our stainless vs. aluminized steel comparison.
MBRP’s new system for 2001-2005 Duramax features:
- Cat-back exhaust system with a single exhaust, side exit design
- Uses original factory hangers and assembles with normal hand tools
- Can improve both gas mileage and performance (only no performance stats are given)
- Is constructed from aluminized steel
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
You can expect to buy this system for about $400 – a very inexpensive price for a cat-back exhaust. If you aren’t concerned about corrosion and you don’t need a dual exhaust, this is a very reasonable option.